First day back after the Easter holiday, and it was warm and sunny. I sat for some of the afternoon on the Pont Neuf. I'd spent about an hour beforehand wandering around before I could settle anywhere - the combination of the right kind of view in a friendly comfortable sunny spot proved tricky to find. Walking home along the river and over the Ile Saint-Louis I found many more though, and the weather looks promising this week.The flowers are out and the Jardin de Luxembourg looks suddenly bright and colourful, a far cry from the gravelly brown park of the winter. We went to the local Arene de Lutece yesterday, the remains of a Roman amphitheatre, now the scene for boules and football games. There was a nice bit of grass unprotected by mini fences or pelouse interdite signs, but such is my French conditioning now (combined with my genetic scaredy-catness) that I was too nervous to go on the grass until some French people went first. Once they had it was lovely to lie out in the sun - bum on metal chair on gravel just does not rival back on grass.
No comments:
Post a Comment