Monday, April 27, 2009

Dem bones dem bones

Today I went to the Paleontology Museum at the furthest end of the Jardin des Plantes, which is looking very pretty and bloomy. (The building in the background of the top photo is part of the Natural History Museum too. It houses the Gallery of Evolution - the big procession of taxidermied animals.)


The Paleontology Museum is not in a large building, so I was expecting a modest collection of dinosaur bones. It was so much better than that. The whole ground floor is just one massive room, filled to bursting with skeletons of what seems like every animal going... As you come through the door, they are all facing you - it's quite unnerving. I felt like I was the one who'd stripped them of their skin, and they were coming at me for payback. The dinosaurs were upstairs, but they weren't nearly as super.










No comments: